You have good knowledge of electricity or building mechanics? You are a determined, resourceful, organized and versatile person as well as a good communicator? You like project management? So, here’s a great opportunity for you to take on new challenges by joining a dynamic team in a data center environment unique to Quebec and constantly evolving.
COLO-D is looking for a Technician, Data Center Infrastructure who will be responsible for implementing infrastructure projects and services delivered to our data centers. In his/her role, the technician will assist the team in place and contribute to the smooth running of the construction and maintenance and repair projects in line with the infrastructure. In addition, he/she will intervene in the smooth management of service contracts concluded with customers. These projects lead to the implementation of infrastructures as well as applications hosted in our data centers.
- Assist and perform customer’s physical equipment installations;
- Monitor and supervise the infrastructure of our data centers;
- Know the different internal management tools;
- Handle all customer support requests such as customer service interventions, adding or removing power equipment, report troubleshooting requests;
- Communicate with clients to take charge of their request, from the opening to the closing, and this, within the contractual processing deadlines required;
- Communicate internally to enable proper recording and billing of the clients intervention, as well as the release of reports and indicators;
- Processing of in-house work permits and ensuring the ongoing operation of the clients equipment operation;
- Participate in contracted facilities signed between client and COLO-D (initial installations, extension/addition);
- Establish and respect a schedule of preventive maintenance to be performed;
- Request quotes and schedule work/repairs internally;
- Work in respect of the COLO-D processes;
- Willingness to enhance existing knowledge/skills.
- DEC, DVS or technical training in electricity or building mechanics;
- Knowledge of electrical or mechanical techniques;
- Knowledge of the data center environment (an asset);
- Must be able to be multitasked in a fast-paced environment;
- Customer focused attitude with experience in customer service;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Basic computer skills required;
- Bilingualism French & English (spoken/written/read) required and essential.