Are you looking for an exceptional career opportunity in a fast-moving data center environment unique in Quebec? COLO-D is currently looking for a young talented individual who is passionate about IT to join its team as a Technician, IT Technical Support, Level 1.
Reporting to the Manager, IT and Telecommunications, your role will be to assist the IT Systems Administrator in the day-to-day management of the Level 1 IT Support requests. In addition to putting into practice your knowledge, you will have the opportunity to participate in several projects in a dynamic environment and benefit from the mentoring of all members of the IT and Operations team.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical assistance to users in our different COLO-D data centers;
- Configure computer hardware and software;
- Connect equipment and make sure their compatible;
- Install computer or network components; configure, clean and/or maintain equipment and perform minor repairs required for such equipment;
- Respond to users’ requests for assistance and provide relevant information. If necessary, you will have to meet the customer to troubleshoot the hardware and software, or if you cannot resolve the situation yourself, you will refer them to qualified people;
- Document and update the procedures in our Wiki;
- Maintain inventory of IT hardware and software programs in our asset management system;
- Respond to external customer requests within required deadlines and redirect them to the right person, if necessary.
- AEC, DEC or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of Windows and the MS Office 365 (required);
- Knowledge of JIRA management software (asset);
- Analytical mind, logical sense and good ability to solve problems;
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work in a team in a SME enterprise;
- Ability to express yourself and communicate, have good interpersonal skills and feel comfortable speaking with customers internally;
- Interest in new technologies;
- Willingness to learn and improve your acquired knowledge;
- Bilingualism required (French, English – spoken & written);
- Possess a class 5 driving license.