Are you looking for an exceptional career opportunity in a fast-moving datacenter environment unique in Quebec?
COLO-D is a world-class enterprise operating two major colocation centers and hosting critical IT infrastructure for prestigious domestic and international clients looking for cutting-edge data center solutions in Quebec. Its team of experts has a vast experience in data center design, operations and management.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Engineering and Client Solutions, the Project Manager, Construction is responsible for the identification, design and implementation of the projects entrusted to him, and that, within the timeframes and budgets approved by the Management.
Requirements and responsibilities
- Participate in the development of functional and technical programs in line with the construction projects assigned;
- Plan, organize, direct, supervise, coordinate and monitor the activities required to carry out construction projects;
- Participate in the development of the scope of work and the preparation of the stages of the project implementation;
- Act as the lead budgeting and scheduling officer;
- Participate in the selection of the various consultants (architects and engineers) entitled to carry out the project, manage the tenders and award the contracts;
- Follow up on the preparation of the tenders and participate in the selection of contractors entitled to carry out the projects;
- Supervise the bidding process and make recommendations for the issuance of purchase orders to ensure that the project meets the established schedule and allocated budget;
- Review and annotate plans and quotes to meet the quality requirements, COLO-D’s standards and construction standard codes;
- Ensure a close follow up with municipal organizations and enterprises involved, when applicable;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the contractors to ensure that they are in in line with the conformity of the plans and specifications of the project. Act in this case as the official representative of COLO-D;
- Manage and control the process of conceptual change to meet specific site conditions, omissions or needs subsequent to the approved plans;
- Revise, monitor and approve progressive and final invoices from the various stakeholders;
- Review and ensure that plans to be obtained are such as built, get warranty documents and maintenance and operation manuals;
- Coordinate the transfer of facilities and documentation to the managers;
- Utilize the IT tools available to properly manage current projects but also to produce the periodic progress reports required by the Executive Vice President, Engineering and Client Solutions;
- Assist the Vice-President in all other tasks where project manager’s knowledge and experience will be helpful.
a) (20%) Establish and monitor the global budget of each project. Be responsible for managing any changes to the budget for each project, whether it is up or down, and be able to explain the cause, then obtain the necessary approvals;
b) (15%) Establish and monitor the project timeline in order to complete the projects on time. Be able to take responsibility for all actions deemed necessary in the interest of COLO-D;
(c) (15%) Ensure that the construction work is carried out in accordance with the construction standards, codes and regulations;
d) (10%) Discuss and negotiate any agreements necessary to carry out the project;
e) (20%) Control the billing and make the payments required for the smooth running of the work;
f) (20%) Coordinate interactions with all internal and external stakeholders in the implementation of the project;
(g) Each project is unique in its concept, scope, budget and implementation timeframe;
h) Projects may be carried out sequentially and/or simultaneously.
- Diploma in engineering or architecture combined with more than 5 years of experience in the field of construction or Diploma in civil engineering technique or in architectural technique combined with more than 10 years of experience in the field of construction;
- In-depth knowledge of the various codes and regulations governing construction, current construction practices, techniques and principles of the management of construction and renovation projects, preparation of tender documents and contracts as well as advanced knowledge in different domains (mechanics, electricity and structure);
- Be able to demonstrate good interpersonal relationships and be a good negotiator given the complexity of the task and the number of stakeholders involved in the projects;
- Bilingualism (French and English), spoken and written, essential;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Project software required;
- Relevant experience in the construction of data centers (asset).