Are you looking for an exceptional career opportunity in a fast-moving data center environment unique in Quebec?
COLO-D is currently looking for a young talented individual who is passionate about IT to join its team as an Intern, IT Technical Support. In addition to putting into practice your knowledge acquired during your studies, you will have the chance to benefit from the coaching of all members of the operations team.
Requirement and responsibilities
As the Intern, IT Technical Support, you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshoot and provide technical assistance in case of hardware or software problems and perform installations and configurations of computer hardware or software with in-house users who are using a desktop or a laptop;
- Install and configure computers and peripherals;
- Connect the equipment and make sure of their correct compatibility;
- Install computer or network components, configure, clean and/or maintain equipment and perform minor repairs required for such equipment;
- Respond to users’ requests for assistance and provide relevant information. If necessary, you will have to meet the customers to troubleshoot the hardware and software, or if you cannot resolve the situation yourself, you will refer them to qualified people;
- Make the inventory of the hardware and software available on site and keep it up-to-date in the JIRA Management System.
Qualifications and required skills
- Interest in new technologies;
- Basic knowledge of Windows and the MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge of JIRA management software (asset);
- Analytical mind, logical sense and good ability to solve problems;
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to express yourself and communicate, have good interpersonal skills and feel comfortable speaking with customers internally;
- Willingness to learn and improve your acquired knowledge;
- Bilingualism required (French, English – spoken & written);
- Good ability to read English (software and manuals are written in English).