Are you looking for an exceptional career opportunity in a fast-moving datacenter environment unique in Quebec? COLO-D currently has openings for highly motivated individuals who are self-driven and multi-talented to join its team. You will have the possibility to progress rapidly within the company, benefiting from a mentoring approach based on a knowledge transfer and coaching from the management.
Requirements and responsibilities
- Assist in technical support for customers (Hands & Eyes services);
- Available shift work, to cover 24/7 needs;
- Install server cabinets and supervise the installation of electric outlets and cabling;
- Participate actively in a continuous education program on the data center installations (generators, UPS, RPP, PDU, CRAC, DCIM, biometric security, etc.);
- Perform daily visual inspections on major data center equipment;
- Monitor and manage equipment alarms from the surveillance system (DCIM);
- Update data center documentation (plans, instruction manuals and procedures);
- Ensure customers are following appropriate rules and proceedings;
- Perform data center daily and weekly maintenance of the technical areas (as needed);
- Willingness to enhance existing knowledge/skills;
- Must be available to work on a 12-hour night shift (6 pm to 6 am), 7 days per two weeks (4 days a week/3 days the other week, etc.);
- Must be available to occasionally change working schedules, for a maximum of 4 weeks per year (day/evening/night/weekend), for replacements of co-workers.
- Overall knowledge of Data Center and telecommunications environment (an asset);
- Experience in network cabling (an asset);
- Must be able to be multitasked in a fast-paced environment;
- Customer focused attitude with some previous customer service experience;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Basic computer skills required;
- Bilingual (French/English) required;
- CEGEP or technical training required.